Wednesday 6 January 2010

Snoooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Today we are snowed in. This is bad, for two reasons. One: Myself and the Rubester don't have high cabin fever thresholds. Two: I am out of iron on interfacing. That may not sound like a trip to Disasterville, but pretty much all my current projects need it. A new and interesting development is that my attic sewing room is FREEZING. I had to stop about 5 times yesterday whilst sewing on a popper to warm my hand up by sitting on it. Rubbish.

Anyhoo, I did manage to get a couple of purse prototypes done:



I like the general style and shape of both these, but i think they need another card pocket and maybe something along the top flap to brighten it up. A nice ribbon or big button or something. Hmm. The blue one was going to be my test wallet, but Ruby half-inched it within seconds. She approves at least.

Notice the difference in the colour of the pics? I was using natural light and the colours of the purses threw the white balance right off. I really need some help with photography...

Also, which do you think is better, the straight on closed pic or the diagonal closed pic?


Can't face the cold of the sewing room today. Have spent a productive couple of hours researching craft fairs and chatting to Ross Green of Greenflare about some graphics stuff. Very talented fellow. Think I'm going to have to relocate the sewing room to the bedroom, for the sake of my fingertips.

1 comment:

  1. Love the wallets :)
    I like the straight close-up because you can get in closer but if I was looking at them in terms of buying one I prefer the angled shots...no idea why, I just do!
    Another sewing triumph Miss Jones.

    ReplyDelete