Monday 15 February 2010

The Bird is Back in Town

Selfish sewing week is over, and I'm back on the sparrowarms train. Last week was very enjoyable, made a few dresses, did a bit of knitting and crochet, but as the craft fair looms, thought I'd better knuckle down.

I've been staying at my parents' this weekend so took a box of hand sewing goodies with me and made a pile of corsages. They're my latest fave as they're pretty quick and easy to make, but look really effective. Plus I can do them on the sofa under a blanket which is a big bonus on these chilly (aka frickin freezing) evenings.

Whilst the Rubes was at nursery this morning, I sewed 11 purses. ELEVEN! I'm quite proud of myself. They still need buttons/badges and poppers, but small victories and all that.


Last week also saw my second craft evening start up, so big welcome to my new students Alex and Lizzy, who made some awesome bags. At original craft night Natalie made this fabulous apron.

The photo doesn't do it justice at all, but Nat should be very proud of herself. I know she baked valentines gingerbread in it this weekend.

And what could top a quality week off? Raspberry Cheesecake, that's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment