Monday 9 August 2010

Hello? Anyone Still There?

Well it has been a terribly long time since I last posted. No particular reason really. Laziness maybe. I've been crafting away, that's not stopped and lots of things have been happening to fill up my time. Camping, new nephew on his way and the general running/jumping/playing chaos created by owning a two year old.

But by popular demand (ahem), I am back! Woohoo! So a few projects as proof I havent gone off and joined the circus. Although that would be pretty cool. I'd be a tightrope walker. Or big top re-sewer.

One of the things keeping me so busy is the participation in a few craft swaps on Craftster.org. It's awesome. You join up for a certain theme, get assigned a partner, chat about the things you like then get crafting for each other! The theme for this was 'Once You Pop' the idea being that everything had to fit into a Pringles tube! Clever heh? My partner and I also agreed to send one bigger item that wouldn't fit in.

This is what I sent:

She got a sock monkey with her name on, which I attached to the outside of the Pringles can which I decorated like a tree.

There's also a scarf belt, a handbag, a button ring and earring set, some Alice in Wonderland badges, a bookmark, and an embroidery, a new craft I've been playing around with. It was a lot of fun to do and she loved it all. She sent hers today so I should be getting it soon!


I have this ottoman that I got whilst I lived in Edinburgh and ever since, I've wanted to re-cover it. It's now Ruby's toy box and centre stage in my living room so I thought it probably the time. Only took eight years.

Before:



After:



Not bad eh? I bought the fabric for a dress and still have plenty left over so one day I may mysteriously disappear whilst looking for the doll's potty...


I also recently bought a book called One Yard Wonders, and it is awesome. I've made loads of the projects from it and liked one particularly which is a little fold up dolls house. I took inspiration from it, jiggled it around, added a bit of Jennyness and got this:



"Why, that's a nice bag."
"Thank you kindly, but it is more than just a bag..."




"It's a Peppa Pig picnic Tent!"


"Too much barbecue Daddy Pig? Time for bed I think "

I was so excited to give this to Ruby and she loves it. And all my measurements worked out FIRST TIME. That has literally never happened to me before. Ever.

You know, I've missed blogging...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to see you back in the blogging world :) The ottoman looks fabulous x

    ReplyDelete