Monday 10 January 2011

His Name Was Michael...

A couple of days ago the fabric arrived for part of the Great Bertie Makeover. It's only the stuff for the cushions, but Oh My. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I've always scorned the Fat Quarter, who wants such an iddy bioddy piece of fabric? But then as i perused the eBay vintage/retro fabric sections, I came across my new man (sorry Arran). His name is Michael Miller. Hello Michael.






His fabric designs are of such utter awesomeness, that I just new I needed some in Bertie. Unfortunately, the £12 odd a metre doesn't really fit with my uber cheapness, but, lo and behold, there was the fat quarter. At around £3 a metre it's still not cheap, but it's almost the exact size of a cushion front, so whack some coordinating plain on the back, add a zip, and BOOM. That's one Michael Miller cushion right there, for about £4. SONIC BOOM.


I've also discovered Fabric Rehab. Like fabric? Go there. Now. Seriously. I got this gem from there:




I think a cushion was made out of it within about an hour of opening the package. I didn't even pre-wash which is seriously against my sewing beliefs.

I also made something with one of my caravan appliques! Ta dah:



It's a good job Ruby appreciates my crafts...

2 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC HUN!!!
    I love all of the above...I've seen his cowboy design and I'm liking it a lot. Can't wait to see more of your makes. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely in love with that camper fabric!

    ReplyDelete